Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

I absolutely HATE this picture of me but, it completely captured many emotions: Chandler was cold and upset, daddy is beaming with excitement, and mommy is in excruciating pain! Oh well, it was one of the happiest days of my life.

Chandler, bringing you into this world has been my biggest accomplishment!

You were born on mommy's due date: December 19th, 2007. You weighed 7 pounds and 8 ounces and you were 19 inches long. Everyone thought you looked just like me.

My labor began at 4:45 a.m. and lasted until 8:45 p.m. Yes, sixteen hours!!! That explains the look on my face in this picture.

Dr. James Daniel delivered you at Regional Medical Center in Anniston. My first reaction when seeing you for the very first time was, "She is so little." And you were! But most of all, you were healthy and absolutely perfect in every way.

Your name is very special! Your great great grandmother's name was Pauline Chandler. She was such a precious lady and is greatly missed. You and I share the same middle name.

1 comment:

  1. Randi, I love it!!! I can help you with the font. We can get together one afternoon or when I have a chance I can play around on my own and see if you like it. I am going to back up and do a post about when Grace was born. I guess I thought that because I didn't blog until she was almost one that I had to only talk about the present, but that was silly! I can't wait. I love love love it and can't wait to read more about Chandler's life.

    ReplyDelete